Sunday, March 10, 2013

All Good Things Must Come to an End.

This is a philosophy that I tend not to abide by.
Why should good things come to an end? More over, why should they have to.

Anyways. To those slightly jealous of this crazy adventure, fear not, for there's always a bit of trouble brewing in paradise. 


Reasons why today I'm a negative nancy:
My phone/connection to the world has stopped functioning.
This seems like an easy solve: just buy a new phone. But, when your phone was too expensive for words, that's a ridiculous option. This can't be happening to my phone. Surely not.
-_-
But alas, it is. 
And it just makes you feel like an idiot for throwing money away on technology when all this time I could've been working on acquiring a falcon and getting my falconry certification so I could have both a stealth hunter and messenger. 


Due to my over-reliance on technology (to be clear, I'm blaming societal pressure on my generation as a whole for this reliance not me or my particular upbringing), my entire life has gone into shambles.
I can't coordinate or contact or set alarms or check my calendar or get un-lost. This is most certainly a problem. I'm working on it.

So, I blame this on screwing up my memorized time for lectures.
Which means that I thought my Monday morning class started at 10am, but I was way wrong. It most certainly started at 9am.
Thankfully, the lecture notes are online, but that's not helping this gut-wrenching feeling in the pit of my stomach as I contemplate how I unintentionally skipped the 2nd week of a 3 hour lecture. 
whoops.


Throughout this entire mess, I've also meant to apply to grad school.
Which hasn't happened, because it's like professors don't understand e-mail.
And without the base knowledge of replying to an e-mail, I'll never get letters of recommendation lined up while abroad.
So, now I'm behind on that.


And then of course there's always the cost of living here. Which is high. Much, much higher than the U.S.
People make a lot more here. Which would be awesome, except job applications aren't panning out.
So, I'm soon to be the person who can't do anything fun especially traveling as my money comes to an end.



So, I don't mean to bitch. Okay. I lied. I did mean to. sorry. Almost done. Promise.

It might just be an entire bottle of wine while watching Quentin Tarantino anything kind of night and wallowing in only a little bit of self-pity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment