Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm never leaving.


Only deportation or the threat thereof could make me leave this wonderful country.
The first few weeks here have been a giant party of meeting people and having an overall wonderful time.
I've met fabulous Aussies both from the area and from all over the country. I've met wonderful non-Aussies as well from all over the world.
To anybody that was nervous for me (myself included), have no fear, I'm in heaven.


Because I get to sit on giant rocks and admire the beach after a full day at work.


Next to a giant sculpture-esque crawfish lobster.

Even if I don't understand the Metric system (thanks 'merica) or Celsius or the accent half the time, I've irrevocably fallen in love.

I adore my flatmates (aka the five other fabulous girls I live with plus some other adoptees).
I adore everyone in this whole living arrangement.
I adore the other Americans I've met.
And I most certainly adore every last Aussie.

So take it from a now sort of moving a long way a way pro: don't be nervous to make a major life change. You can do it. You'll find friendly people. Trust me, if I can do it full of sarcasm, you can do it while being a genuinely nice person too. (I guess this doesn't apply if you're a total jerk. Total jerks, rethink things).


I started classes this week, and so far I guess I even adore those. (hahahahah, sure).




Just another sunset on the beach

XOXOXO


2 comments:

  1. Aww this is so heart-warming...Be Bold or go Home!! Love you lotz

    xoxox

    Your BFF

    ReplyDelete