Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One is the loneliest number

Harry Nilsson said it best.
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do. 

Being alone gives you a lot of time to think. 
Some things you may realize when you're alone:
1. Just how boring you are. You don't really realize just how boring you are until you're alone. With yourself. All the time. Just spending time with your own thoughts. 
2. How lucky you are to have friends at all given thought-provoking realization number one.
3. Just how bad at picture taking you are. Zero talent. Get at me vogue.
4. Realize you have no idea why you're calling out vogue. You don't even read vogue.
5. Really, reallllly reflect back on the choices that led you to this position.


Things that you might do while solo:
1. Make friends.
2. In room spa including luxury lotion, Korean foot mask, nail polish, and chocolates of course!


3. Take a lot of blurry selfies:






4. Anddd then finally end up with one half decent picture:


Looking good bathtub, lookin' gooood.

5. Drink alone. Because that's the best.

A Singapore Sling. Apropos, no?



Things to help pass the time while solo:
1. Listen to music. All the time. Now your life has a soundtrack. How cool is that?!
2. Consider exercising. Working out has never sounded so appealing ever.
3. Just keep showering/bathing. I mean, for the most part that probably happens solo anyway, right?
4. Watch every movie known to man ever. Let's be real. Movies
5. Eat. A lot. Maybe just go from restaurant to restaurant, eating your way though a county. A la every host on any food show.
6. Write super obnoxious blog posts in the hotel bar. can't stop me.




Okay, I promise this wasn't a post just to whine.
Well. Mostly to talk out loud to myself, but via a different platform that one person in Poland might even be reading too. Heyya Polish brethren. Whaddup. Get at me.

But anyways, tomorrow is my last day in Singapore, and then I'm on to my new home for the next four months!!!!
Which means, a blog post summing up Singapore and all of my misadventures while here.
And maybe even a crappy picture or two!

okay. I'm done now.
promise.








No comments:

Post a Comment