Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Macklemore Adventure.



So, remember way back when, when I mentioned that I was arriving early just to spend an evening seeing my favorite musical combination in a long while?
Well. I did it.
I made it here and I saw them.

It wasn't easy.
I didn't have a ticket or much of a game plan, but my some miracle I wrangled a ticket just before show time.


They performed Sunday the 17th.
From the second I landed in Perth on the 14th, I immediately commenced operation get Taylor a ticket.
I searched all web browsers with limited internet connectivity. Discovered new websites. And low-balled some people trying to play hard ball with ticket prices.
This plan of action pretty much got me no where.
As of Sunday at 6pm, I was headed to the concert venue from my newly acquired living arrangements on campus without a ticket.
Hahahahhah. New city, night time travel back downtown via public transportation, but enough money in my pocket to surely get something from someone. This wasn't a recipe for disaster or anything.

After arriving at the beautiful venue, I worked on making a few scouting friends to see if they had any tickets.  When they didn't, they helped me find more people who might. So thanks new besties!

Here are some quick photos of the venue area the day before the concert when I was scoping it out for possible points of entry:




**This is the box office. The evening before the concert, I almost talked this lady into overselling the venue for one extra ticket. I was soooo close too. Close, but no shebang. 







This was a message I sent my dad just a half hour before scheduled start time when I thought all was hopeless:
"Sitting outside of macklemore venue now. I've tried everything in my playbook to get a ticket, but no shebang. I'll try to not get arrested."

I really thought I was going to have to figure out a way to jump a wall. The message I didn't send him was going to be asking if credit cards could bail one out of jail internationally. What can I say. A girl was desperate. So sue me.

So, anyways. At the very last minute, I saw a huddle of guys trying to scrap up a few more dollars. I walked over there, asked what the going bid was, and offered right off $30 higher, cash, on the spot.
I felt bad for the poor kids when their mouths just dropped. 
Needless to say, the gent quickly ended the sale and I landed myself a Macklemore ticket.

I almost fainted with how excited I was. I mean... I can't even begin to describe the overwhelming joy that I experienced once I had my wristband on and was walking into the venue.
The third night in Perth was one of the most amazing nights of my entire life. And I don't regret any of the cost or minimal stress that went into finding a ticket. It was worth every damn penny.

So enjoy a few blurry pictures of my fantastic view:






No comments:

Post a Comment