Monday, February 11, 2013

Sleepless in Singapore


Jetlagged (adj.) - the state of being completely exhausted while simultaneously unable to sleep. Characterized by lack of focus, headaches, and a desire for something unknown. May lead to irrational decisions such as buying $15 mocktails and easy persuasion. 
Eventually, once falling asleep, you'll sleep for 14 or so hours and will only wake up in the evening after turn down service continually rings you. You'll wake up dazed, still exhausted, and confused. Time will no longer have meaning.


This is my current state of being. I am jetlagged. awesome.

So, anyway, a seven hour flight got me here from Japan. You think it would've been shorter, no?
I managed to sleep through the meal and then despite my best efforts, stay awake for the latter half of the flight. 

I had the most amazing view flying into the Singapore Airport.
And since I was awake and had a window seat, I got to enjoy the full experience.
There were hundreds of ships in this bay all lit up. I couldn't take a picture. But it was incredible.
Picture the biggest ship you can. Multiply it by 100. Make all of those ships glow. Turn the lights off. Magic.
But, I made it to Singapore! And more excitingly, all of my bags made it too!

By the time I got through immigration, exchanged some money, and got my bags, it was close to 2:30am local time. So, I hopped in a cab and was able to snap a quick pic of the scenic view in.
This is a blurry shot of the world's most magical ferris wheel.

Upon arriving at this absolutely gorgeous hotel, full on jetlag set in. So, after deciding that sightseeing should probably wait until normal daylight hours, I decided to take full advantage of the spa sized bubble bath.
And tiny, stuffed Roux approved.


And then I stayed up. For a really long time. And then I slept. for an even longer time.
this hotel is incredible. And it's attached to this super strange and yet incredible mall.
What I didn't realize until today was that all of Singapore is celebrating the Chinese New Year. Yahooo!
It also meant that many, many things are closed. 
So here are some picture of giant Chinese fire crackers hanging from the ceiling in the hotel. 
I mean, they're really giant.

And that's a quick glimpse of the lobby!

So, after a not so eventful day in a state of complete jetlagsomnia, I sat down in the hotel bar and indulged in this hazelnut-chocolate cake... 

...and this ridiculously expensive dragonfruit mocktail, inspired by the lunar new year.


So, tomorrow I'll set an alarm. And get over this craze. 
The game plan?
http://www.zoo.com.sg/
followed by Little India perhaps.

Until then, I think I'll watch the grammy's rerun and maybe go back to enjoying the in-room spa.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds way too crazy! Come back to momma little Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your pictures :)
    I especially enjoy the tiny Roux.

    - Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spa is for cleaning out your singa-pores hahahaha. GO TAYLOR!!! SEE AND DO ALL THE COOL STUFFZ!

    ReplyDelete